7-Up for Collinstown U17s

Collinstown’s U17 team played out a convincing 7-1 victory yesterday against St Michael’s College Ailesbury Road. The game was moved to Stepaside All-Weather facility due to the excessive rain lately and the unavailability of pitches and the surface definitely suited the CPCC team.

With talisman Kyle Grant unavailable due to foreign travels Billy Walsh was handed a start and he repaid the favour in spades with two first-half goals – the first opened the scoring after a quick corner by Tadgh Curran to Onesime Tembe who then whipped in a dangerous cross that was converted by Walsh on ten minutes. The score was doubled on seventeen minutes as again Tembe set up Walsh who could count himself fortunate with the ball hitting his knee and ending up in the net. There were two more goals in the first half for Colinstown and both of them were scored by Third Year student Darragh Dunne. The first came on twenty-five minutes as he coolly converted after a long run and the next came direct from a free kick on thirty-five minutes. Collinstown were on top and up 4-0 at the half-time whistle.

CPCC didn’t rest on their laurels however and captain Jake O’Rourke reacted first on forty-six minutes to score from a rebound. The impressive Cian Somers, who was a half-time replacement, scored on fifty-five minutes after a great run by Cian Knowles who then played him in behind the Michael’s defence and launched an unstoppable finish. The final Collinstown goal came from Man of the Match and hat-trick hero Darragh Dunne who converted after an assist by substitute Jake O’Reilly.

The U17 team play three more times in the next two weeks as a busy festive schedule looms. This result is a great start to the league but tougher games lay in store.

The CPCC team that faced St Michael’s:
Alex Dunne, Darragh Dunne. Martin Ikharo, Jamie Moss, Jake O’Reilly, Onesime Tembe, Adam Tiernan, Jake O’Rourke, Kyria Tembe, Conor O’Flaherty, Tadgh Curran, Billy Walsh, Cian Somers, Cian Knowles and Davin Fagan.