Remote Teaching & Learning
Dear Parent/Guardian/Second Level Student
Happy New Year to you and your family.
On Thursday night last, the Minister clarified the arrangements for teaching and learning for the coming weeks. This facilitated schools to begin planning for remote teaching and learning. Please note the following arrangements have been put in place:
- Students and staff will follow their normal school timetable from Tuesday 12th January.
- Teachers will provide a number of live online class periods through Teams. For the remaining class periods, they will provide students with work for completion through Edmodo.
- The timetable for online live classes will be emailed to you on Monday and also posted on the Year Group Edmodo page. For this coming week, First Year students will not engage in Teams lessons. All of their work for this week will be assigned through Edmodo at the start of each day.
- The Edmodo code for your child’s Year Group page was sent to you by text on Friday evening last. Further to Friday’s text, the Edmodo codes are only for students who are not already members of their Edmodo subject classes.If your child tries to join a group and gets a message saying ‘invalid code’, it most likely means that they are already a member of that group and so no further action in required.
- If your child has forgotten their Edmodo or Email username or password, they should email Ms McNamee: firstname.lastname@example.org by Mon 11th or ask a friend to do so on their behalf.
- An Edmodo group has been set up to help with IT queries. Your child may join the group. The code is mjgbav.
- Students are required to leave their cameras turned on during live online classes.
- Appropriate student behaviour and dress is required during remote classes and the school’s code of behaviour applies at all times.
- Attendance will be called during online classes and recorded on VSware.
- Students should follow the normal school day, beginning at 8.55am, take the normal morning and lunch break and finish at the usual time.
- All students are required to engage in online classes. If they do not have a suitable device, please email their Year Head.
- Staff are working very hard to provide remote learning opportunities. Your child’s teachers and SNAs will follow their normal timetable times.
We recognize that online learning is not ideal for students and many will miss seeing their friends and teachers. We hope all of our students take good care of themselves. Please contact your child’s Year Head or a member of the Student Support Team if your child is finding the school closure particularly difficult.
We will continue to communicate with you as more information becomes available. In the meantime, we hope you and your family remain safe and well.
Aileen Friel, Deputy Principal Pauline Duffy, Principal