The Guidance and Counselling Department Guidelines for engaging with counselling support while working remotely.
It’s important to remember that we can still provide support for our students while working remotely.
· If our students have previously been engaged in counselling support they will be contacted by the counsellor, they previously attended.
· If a student is in need of support they can self- refer by contacting the guidance department by sending an email to the counsellor assigned to their year group.
· A parent/guardian may refer their son/daughter by contacting the year head via email.
· A parent/guardian will be contacted by a member of the guidance department (by phone or email) if parental consent is required. As calls will come through on private numbers and parents may not pick up from these unknown numbers a text may be sent to parents from the school to inform them that a member of Collinstown staff will be contacting them via a private number.
· Students may receive counselling support by either phone or online (face to face). Parental consent will be sought for this. The counsellor will explain the requirements for working remotely and the limitations.
Roles and Responsibilities within The Guidance Department (Jan 2021)
First Year – Ms Kathleen Kinsella / Ms Ciara Moran
Second Year – Ms Ciara Moran
Third Year – Ms Densie Waters
Transition Year – Ms Denise Waters
Fifth Year – Ms Ciara Moran
Sixth Year – Ms Denise Waters/Ms Alison Daly
Vocational Guidance – Ms Alison Daly
· Ms Kinsella provides triage and is the initial contact for first years being referred. Ms Kinsella will refer first years on to Ms Moran if required. Ms Kinsella will continue providing support to some student from other years.
· Ms Moran will provide NBSS support and counselling support all day Monday and Thursday and Friday mornings.
· Ms Waters will provide counselling support on Monday and Tuesday, all day.
· Ms Daly will provide vocational guidance to all and counselling support for some students she previously worked with.