The current members of our Board of Management are:
- Cllr Ken Farrell, ETB representative
- Cllr Mick Duff, ETB representative
- Cllr Cora McCann, ETB representative
- Mr Brian Fleming, Archbishop’s representative
- Ms Margaret Maher, Archbishop’s representative
- Sr Ann O’Donoghue, Archbishop’s representative
- Ms Rena Campion, Parents’ representative
- Ms Patricia Lovett, Parents’ representative
- Ms Winnie Kirwan, Staff representative
- Mr Seán Harpur, Staff representative
Collinstown Park Community College is a Designated Community College of the Dublin and Dún Laoghaire Education and Training Board (DDLETB).
The DDLETB and the Catholic Archdiocese of Dublin are committed to the partnership model set out in the Model Agreement governing the operations of a Designated Community College and to supporting the college in meeting the needs of the community in which it is located.
Board of Management
A board of management for an ETB school has a clear remit to manage that school on behalf of the ETB (and the Trustee Partner in the case of a Designated Community College), in accordance with legislation; Department of Education and Skills (DES) circulars, guidelines and procedures; and any policies or strategies that the ETB may establish regarding the operation of its schools.
The primary role of a board of management is one of governance. Governance is about providing direction and oversight for a school while ensuring that the rights of all members of the school community are upheld and that the school is accountable for its work.
The functions of a board may, in the main, be categorised under three different headings:
- Policy setting and strategic planning
- Monitoring the implementation of policy, strategy and plans
- Supporting the principal and his/her staff
Constitution of the Board of Management
The Board of the College of Collinstown Park Community when constituted shall consist of ten members nominated or elected as follows:
(i) Three members are nominated by the Archdiocese of Dublin.
(ii) Three members are nominated by the DDLETB.
(iii) Two parents of children who are enrolled in the College are elected to membership of the Board by the parents of the aforementioned students. One of the Parents’ nominees shall be a mother.
(iv) Two members of the teaching staff are elected by all the permanent whole-time teachers serving in the school at the time and acting as one body for the purpose of such election.
(v) The Principal shall be the permanent Secretary of the Board and in his/her absence the Deputy Principal shall act as Secretary.
Board of Management reports
Click the year to link to the file: