BEAUTY THERAPY SPECIALIST LEVEL 6
This aim of this course is to enable the learner to acquire the knowledge, skill and competence to work independently and or in a supervisory capacity to provide specialist beauty and body therapy treatments in a variety of contexts and or to progress to higher education and training.
- Body and Beauty Science and Treatments (6N3472)
- Depilation, Tanning and Lightening (6N3473)
- Nail Technology (6N3476)
- Indian Head Massage (6N3477)
- Reflexology (5N5371)
- Customer Service (6N0697)
- Work Experience (6N1946)
- Communications (6N1950)
Learners will be required to have reached QQI Beauty Therapy Specialist (5M3471) or equivalent from awarding bodies such as CIBTAC, ITEC or City and Guilds to include Anatomy and Physiology 5N0749 and Manicure, Pedicure and Waxing 5N0749
All students will be required to sit an assessment test to establish suitability for the level of study
The Work Experience Component is a mandatory component of the course. Learners are required to complete a work experience placement for this component.
QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Beauty Therapy (6M3479)
Why do this course at CPCC?
- Expert teachers with inside knowledge of the Beauty therapy professions.
- Fully equipped Beauty Therapy Salon
- Learners get experience in Salons and from Pop-Up Salon days where they carry out treatments
- Graduates from this course will work independently and or in a supervisory capacity to provide specialist beauty and body therapy treatments in a variety of contexts in a spa, beauty salon or through self-employment.