BUSINESS STUDIES WITH MEDICAL ADMINISTRATION
To provide learners with the necessary knowledge and skills for entry to a career in this feld.
- Business Administration (5N1610)
- Book-keeping Manual and Computerised (5N1354)
- Text Production (5N1422)
- Word Processing (5N1358)
- Communications (5N0690)
- Work Experience (5N1356)
- Medical Terminology (5N2428)
Two components from the following list will be selected by the college subject to availability
- Payroll Manual & Computerised (5N1546)
- The Internet (5N1611)
- Reception & Frontline Office Skills (5N1407)
Full time 1 year (5 half days; classes take place between the hours of 9.10am and 2.10pm).
Leaving Certificate / Leaving Certificate Applied or QQI/FETAC Level 4. Mature students with relevant life or work experience. All candidates will be interviewed individually. Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to take an assessment in English to establish the most suitable level of study for them.
All students will complete a work experience placement as part of the course.
QQI Level 5 Major Award in Business Administration
Prospects: Satisfactory completion of the course will enable learners to gain employment in the Business Administration and medical Secretarial fields. Learners may also progress to courses at QQI Level 6 or Third Level through the Higher Education Links Scheme.
Why do this course in CPCC?
- This new course introduced to meet requirements for medical secretary ensures that learners may work in a varied range of settings on completion.
- Expert teachers with excellent facilities, software and equipment.
- Practical skills based approach
- Family-friendly timetable.
- Graduates of this course are may use their QQI award to gain entry into third level courses in Universities and Institutes of Technology, such as the BA in Business at ITB, BBS Business and Management in NUI Maynooth, and Business Management in Dublin Institute of Technology.