BEAUTY THERAPY SPECIALIST with Start your own Business (VTOS)
This is a part time course designed to provide learners with the necessary skills and knowledge to work in the Beauty Therapy industry.
Please note: this course is reserved for VTOS eligible learners. For more information, see our VTOS page
- Anatomy and Physiology (5N0749)
- Body Massage and Figure Analysis (5N3465)
- Skin Care, Eye treatments and Make-up(5N3466)
- Manicure Pedicure and Waxing (5N3467)
- Customer Service (5N0972)
- Work Experience (5N1356)
- Start Your Own Business (5N1418)
Two components from the following list will be selected by the college subject to availability
Full Time 0ne year
Leaving Certificate / Leaving Certificate Applied or QQI/ FETAC Level 4. Mature students with relevant life or work experience. All candidates will be interviewed individually.
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to take an assessment in English to establish the most suitable level of study for them.
The Work Experience Component is a mandatory component of the course. Learners are required to complete a work experience placement for this component.
QQI Level 5 Major Award in Beauty Therapy.(5M3471)
Why do this course at CPCC?
- Course is free to VTOS eligible learners i.e. learners over 21 getting Jobseeker’s Benefit or Jobseeker’s Allowance or signing for credits for at least 6 months or Getting One-Parent Family Payment, Disability Allowance, Illness Benefit or Invalidity Pension for at least 6 months or newly made redundant.
- Expert teachers with inside knowledge of the Beauty therapy professions.
- Fully equipped Beauty Therapy Salon
- Learners get to experience real live Pop-up Salon days where they carry out treatment on clients.
- Graduates from this course have secured employment as Beauty Therapists in Salons and in self-employment.
- Graduates may progress to QQI Level 6 and other industry awards in Blackrock and Crumlin Colleges of Further Education