Click here to go onto the Collinstown Park Careers Portal site where you will find all up to date information
Students meet with their guidance counsellor to discuss their plans for further and/or higher education and entering the world of work.
The guidance counsellors work with students to:
- Help them make appropriate subject choices;
- Prepare for interviews;
- Make applications and prepare personal statements;
- Complete interests assessments and psychometric testing so that the students are best informed when making these major life decisions at such a young age.
If members of staff feel that students would benefit from additional support, the counsellors are available to students who wish to discuss certain issues e.g.
- Academic issues (studying etc.)
- Socialising with others
- Personal issues (problems outside school etc.)
Students are welcome to make appointments to discuss whatever issues are troubling them or parents/guardians may contact the school and request an appointment for their daughter/son.
Working together with the NBSS teacher, we take smaller groups of students to develop their coping skills; deal with anxiety; offer solution-focused therapy; so that our students have tools to help them to move forward positively through difficulties.
- Friends For Life
- Working Things Out
- Bereavement Support
Tel: 01 4572300
Alison Daly (Guidance Counsellor) AlisonDaly@collinstownpark.ie
Claire Fox (Guidance Counsellor) firstname.lastname@example.org